A Wedding Planner or at the very least a Wedding Day Coordinator is
NOT a LUXURY .. it is a NECESSITY!
· To help you create the type of wedding you want. With a Planner's knowledge, together you will be able to pick your venue, vendors, color scheme, theme music, etc.
· To help you create a budget sheet and keep track of where your money is being spent and how much is owed.
· To suggest vendors that fit your budget and ideas.
· To make a master wedding planning calendar so that you know what you've done so far and what still needs to be done.
· In most cases, Planners can save you money because of their knowledge of the industry and their ability to negotiate.
· To take care of emergencies that arise.
· To create a wedding day timeline.
· To free up your time so that you and your fiance' can enjoy your engagement time together and enjoy your wedding day.
DO YOU NEED A WEDDING PLANNER?
(Take this simple quiz to determine if you should hire one)
1. Do you have unlimited time to work on the wedding of your dreams?
2. Do you have personal knowledge of the reputations of the service providers (vendors) you are choosing?
3. Do you know what to look for in the contract between yourself and a service provider (vendor)?
4. Do you know the resources available to help you with your plans?
5. Do you know what to do if you ordered the wedding dress or maids dresses and there is a problem?
6. Do you know all the proper etiquette involved in a wedding?
7. Do you know how to plan a wedding budget?
If you answered "no" to at least 4 of these questions you will make your life easier by hiring a wedding planner.
CAN I AFFORD A WEDDING PLANNER?
You may be concerned that you cannot afford one these professionals. The good news is that experienced wedding planners are able to work with virtually any budget. Typically, wedding planners are hired to handle all the details of your wedding, but some can be contracted to specialize in particular aspects of your wedidng planning. Whether it be for the wedding day, reception, ceremony, or even just to map out the details and book your vendors, wedding planners can cater to any wish you have. If you do hire a wedding planner to do the whole kit and kaboodle, most charge 15 percent of your wedding budget.
Your Day Your Way! prefers to charge a flat fee for wedding planning based on the location and size of your wedding. We find that by charging a flat fee, it takes the grey area out of the equation that is caused with a percentage cost and puts the bride's mind at ease upfront. There are no hidden charges unless a service is added that was not originally contracted for.
WHEN SHOULD I HIRE A WEDDING PLANNER?